Effective teacher leadership starts with you.
The fully online Master of Education in Instructional Leadership degree program from West Virginia State University creates opportunities for classroom teachers to expand their skills and advance into administrative positions. The curriculum is focused on the exploration and application of new techniques and concepts, helping instructional leaders create pathways to success for students and staff members. Coursework emphasizes social justice, fairness and equity and is grounded in research findings.
This degree is divided into two stream options: a Licensure Option for candidates who are entering the program already holding a master’s degree and a Master’s Degree Option for candidates who are seeking a master’s degree in addition to the application for administrative licensure. Each stream begins with foundational courses and progresses to more advanced topics that impact the content and skills necessary for success. This program also provides an opportunity for administrative licensure upon completion of requirements of the West Virginia Department of Education.
Request My Info Packet
For Educators currently holding a Master’s Degree
18 credit hours
- Principles of Educational Leadership
- Educational Policy and Law
- Change, Innovation and Professional Development in Education
- Financial and Human Resource Management of Schools
- Data-Based Decision Making for School Improvement
Students will also complete the Licensure Option Courses
18 credit hours; 36 total credit hours
- Addressing Diversity through Educational Leadership
- Ethical Leadership for Social Justice
- Technology for Educational Leadership
- Leadership in Diverse Communities
- Action Research in Educational Leadership I
- Action Research in Educational Leadership II