At West Virginia State University, we are committed to expanding access to education through exceptional online program offerings. We want to help you find your passion and turn it into a successful career. We begin this by providing you with a streamlined admissions process that is easy to navigate.
Requirements for admission to WVSU’s online degree programs are listed below:
- 3.0 GPA (standardized test scores are required but not factored into admission decision).
- 2.0 GPA and ACT/SAT scores (18 composite ACT or 870 composite SAT).
- Official high school transcript or GED score report.
- College transcript (if credit was earned in high school).
- WVSU Online evaluates potential transfer credits upon receipt of official transcripts. Once you have completed the online application, your enrollment counselor will provide you with an Official Transcript Request Form. Learn More About Transfer Admissions
Master of Education in Instructional Leadership
- An undergraduate degree in Education or a related field.
- GPA – a minimum overall GPA of 2.7 on a 4 point scale for all undergraduate work from accredited institution(s) with an MAT score of 380 (GRE Verbal Reasoning Score of 144) or
- GPA of 2.6 and MAT score of 385 (GRE Verbal Reasoning Score of 146) or
- GPA of 2.5 and MAT score of 390 (GRE Verbal Reasoning Score of 148) or
- Exceptional expertise in the field of Education as demonstrated through an interview with the Graduate Studies Committee.
- Successful Test of English as a Foreign Language scores for those whose native language is not English.
- Professional Educator License from a State Department of Education.
- Resume/CV documenting successful professional experiences, commitment to community service and professional development.
- A personal statement indicating the applicant’s aspirations and reasons for pursuing the Master of Education in Instructional Leadership at WVSU.
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate’s professional and/or personal qualities.
How to Apply
Applying to WVSU is easy. Our online application guides you through each step of the process. You can save your progress at any time, enabling you to complete the application on your time. Our admission process is on a rolling basis. As soon as you complete and file your application, it will be reviewed. You will be notified of your admission status as soon as the admissions office makes its decision.
- Complete the Online Application at wvstateu.edu/apply.
- Submit Official Transcripts and ACT or SAT scores.
- To submit your transcripts, complete the Official Transcript Request Form and fax it to 1-800-473-2512.
Tuition and Financial Aid
For information about tuition costs and financial aid associated with attending WVSU online, click here.